Thursday 6 January 2011

The Bicycle Safari is back and brings you a snow bike

Ok, so I took a massive break over the 'holidays' without a post here at The Bicycle Safari, but now I'm back, hopefully with the usual blend of vintage, interesting and destroyed bicycles I find sitting around.

So in my usual Scandinavia hopping way, I was back in Stockholm, Sweden for the last week and thought I'd hunt down a few of the rad steel framed vintage beaters that I documented so extensively back in the early days of this Safari. But what I actually found was this...


... and when bicycles look like that, there's not much more to say really. Perhaps only that this is perhaps one of the most effective ways to lock up your bike, because I don't think anyone is going to bother to dig your bike out for you. Rust and crushed-by-snow-plough risks be damned!


Some where in this drift is a steel framed Mustang, gently crying.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't thought of it before, but you are right - snow makes for an excellent bike lock! Snow bound bikes always look so forlorn!

    ReplyDelete