Friday 3 September 2010

Beautiful Peugeot bicycles of the world

What better way to start The Bicycle Safari's stay in London than with the distant relative of a bike we saw back in Lund! The wonderfully green twin sitting on the streets of Sweden sported a fun little front rack and even stylish brakes, but this London version is a lot more straight forward.
I think the stuck on lug patterns are super kitsch, but they do add the bike. Especially with such a nice Peugeot badge up front.



The Peugeot lettering is doing better than the poor fender which seems to have suffered a fold!

'Record du Monde' , a world record... in, something?

A nice touch on this English cousin is the use of the classic Sturmey Archer three speed hub and shifter. These are everywhere in Britain, and makes the Peugeot a little more Anglified.

Living on the mean streets of London.

1 comment:

  1. the bicycle is very good. I am Vietnamese. I like it, but i don't known ưhere can I buy it. Can you help me. Please send me. My e mail: lekimlan119.
    Thank you so much for your help.

    ReplyDelete